FACT: A GREAT SALES MANAGER IS WORTH $3.5 MILLION PER YEAR
Yes, your hunch is correct… Sales management does make a difference.
Recent research we conducted revealed a shocking insight into the value of great (and poor) sales managers. In the study of 518 sales managers in Fortune 500 companies:
- The top 25% of sales managers exceeded their team targets by an average of 15%
- The bottom 25% of managers fell short of revenue targets by 24%
- In other words, top managers outperformed their low-performing peers by a whopping 39%!
With an average of 9.1 salespeople reporting to them, and assuming an annual quota of $1 million for each sales rep, this yields a staggering gap in sales manager performance of $3.5 million per manager.
How much is better sales management worth to your team? Do the math:
Gap in Performance X Number of Reps per Manager X Average Rep Quota
Are you ready to capture the millions of dollars being lost to underperforming management? CONTACT US to learn how we can help.
Hear Vantage Point partner Jason Jordan discuss our research that reveals the financial impact of poor sales management, as well as the training topics that are PROVEN to drive improved sales results.
Explore our Training Programs
Sales Management Code®
- Our Foundational Sales Management Workshop
- Identify High-Impact Sales Activities
- Align Behaviors with Desired Results
- Drive More Consistent Sales Execution
- Coach When and Where It Matters Most
- The Most Practical Workshop Ever on Pipeline Management
- Right-Size Each Salesperson’s Sales Pipeline
- Fill the Pipeline with Qualified Opportunities
- Coach Salespeople to Win More Deals
- Manage a Predictable Stream of Revenue
- The Missing Discipline of Sales Forecasting
- Identify the Right Forecasting Methodology
- Forecast Based on Facts Not Guesswork
- Use Forecasts to Improve Sales Results
- Save Time while Boosting Forecast Accuracy