WANT TO MAKE THE BIGGEST IMPACT? TRAIN YOUR SALES MANAGERS
Conventional wisdom says that if you want better sales results, you should train your frontline sellers. That ‘wisdom’ is wrong!
Training salespeople is important, no doubt. But recent research we conducted with the Sales Management Association revealed an interesting fact: Companies that spent a greater proportion of their sales training budgets on sales managers realized greater revenue growth. More specifically:
- Companies that spent <25% of their sales training budgets on sales management training slightly exceeded their revenue targets for the year
- Companies that spent 26%-50% of their budgets on managers outperformed that group’s revenue attainment by 6%
- Companies that spent >50% of their budgets on managers outperformed the first group by 15%
In other words… Sales management training has a more significant impact on sales performance than an equal investment in salesperson training. Surprising? Maybe not.
When you train one salesperson, you’ve improvement the performance of exactly one salesperson. When you train one sales manager, you’ve improved the performance of that manager’s entire team.
Furthermore, when you train your sales managers, they become your ‘in-field trainers.’ Each and every day, they create and reinforce the change that you want to affect in your sellers. They become persistent change agents that drive sales performance.
CONTACT US to explore how we can help you enable your own high-leverage team of change agents.
Get sales training insights from our own team of seasoned L&D professionals. Learn how to approach global training projects, what drives training ROI, common pitfalls of large-scale training efforts, and more!
Explore Our Management Training Programs
Sales Management Code®
- Our Foundational Sales Management Workshop
- Identify High-Impact Sales Activities
- Align Behaviors with Desired Results
- Drive More Consistent Sales Execution
- Coach When and Where It Matters Most
- The Most Practical Workshop Ever on Pipeline Management
- Right-Size Each Salesperson’s Sales Pipeline
- Fill the Pipeline with Qualified Opportunities
- Coach Salespeople to Win More Deals
- Manage a Predictable Stream of Revenue
- The Missing Discipline of Sales Forecasting
- Identify the Right Forecasting Methodology
- Forecast Based on Facts Not Guesswork
- Use Forecasts to Improve Sales Results
- Save Time while Boosting Forecast Accuracy
- The most innovative sales program in existence
- Eliminate rigid, hit-and-miss sales methodologies
- Replicate the practices of your top salespeople
- Align your selling effort with the way your customers buy
- Win the deals your currently lose